Aastha Parivaar offers engaging unpaid internships (for university credit or otherwise) to students interested in learning about the unique issues of the sex worker community. Regardless of an individuals area of study, interns have the opportunity to engage in meaningful fieldwork, as well as the capacity to build their skill sets in topics including (but not limited to) counseling, resource mobilization, community mobilization, accounting, management and communication.
Contact Manager for more details at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Apply for Internship by filling below form:
Job Profile: Community Organisation Manager
- A Post Graduate with good understanding about HIV sector and also working with sex workers/MSM and TG groups or somebody who is deeply interested in welfare of sex workers (with social work background)
- Committed to being accessible to community members at the time of crisis and finds solutions to problems
Has good experience in Computer ( MS office, Excel, word and Internet)
- Has a good communication and presentation skills. Should be able to speak local language of the group he/she is dealing with. If more than one language skill is required (because of the KP profile) then should be conversant with them.
- Has the ability to gather continuous field intelligence and use it to get results.
- Good understanding and working experience with the stakeholders.
- Feels passionate about protection and development of sex workers.
- Owns the Community Organisation as HIS/ HER organisation.
- Highly motivated to mobilize the community members to protect themselves.
- Honest and good reputation in handling organisational funds.
- Can take orders and follow instructions; where unclear can ask clarifications and suggest where required.
- Should maintain the confidentiality of information, particularly of KPs.
- Responsive to requirements and promptness in CO requirements.
- Should not be running brothel or running business in office hours.
- Ability to work with the very poor to high profile clients.
- Should be based in the place of work (not migrating or travelling from very far).
- Age – 20-45 (flexible, based on other parameters).